I'm Laurianne Houtman,
an illustrator and graphic designer, living in Dordrecht, the Netherlands.
As a child I was always drawing and making stuff. And I still do!
In 2012 I got my Bachelor of Design degree at the Willem de Kooning Academy, Rotterdam. I graduated in Visual Communication, but because I
like all the artforms and cannot choose one to excelence in, I just do them all. That is: painting, illustration, graphic design, handicraft and sewing.
Throughout the years this has led to some cool commissions like:
• illustrations for JUMBO's (one of the biggest supermarkets in the Netherlands) first campaign of 2021, which even appeared in commercials on national television.
• artwork for some independent record labels.
• illustrating motorcycle helmets.
• selling personal artwork at some cool concept stores in Rotterdam.
• book illustrations for someone who was very frustrated with her ex.
NOW WHAT? (updated July 27 '22)
Since May 2021 I started a new day job:
I'm working in fashion as an artwork and all-over-print designer, a dream come true <3. With a small team I design for the kids and women department at Garcia Jeans in Alblasserdam, and I really love it. Some pictures will be shared a.s.a.p. in the private section (KEY) of this website.
I also recently moved back to my original home town, Dordrecht, in a nice 50s house with a big garden and an attic which soon will be my new studio. With two kittens running around and a baby on it's way it's been quite an eventful start of 2022. I hope more beautiful things will follow....like:
YOU AND ME, WHAT A GREAT IDEA!
I would love to work with you, wether you're in the Netherlands or outside.
So send me a message by clicking on "contact' or reach out on social media to get in touch. Here you can also find more of my artwork, sketches and inspiration.